Tulsa 9.12 Project Tulsa County Sheriff Candidate Voter Guide
Previous offices held:
1. What is your top public-service accomplishment?
2. What qualities, qualifications and characteristics will you bring to this office?
3. How would you control the proliferation of the 1033 federal program that offers
military equipment and assets to Police departments and the over militarization of
4. Since the Sheriff is the prime administrator of the Sheriff’s Department and the Tulsa County Jail, the Sheriff is responsible for creating policies and procedures, budgeting the department’s resources– monetary, human, and equipment, and overseeing personnel, what have you done to educate yourself to take on the complex administrative and budgetary issues of the Sheriff’s office?
5. Sadly the action of a volunteer led to the death of a man and the consequences have been divisive for our community and have cost our taxpayers literally millions of dollars. Will you use volunteer officers? How will they be used?
6. Explain your plans to gain the support and cooperation of the men and women currently working in the Sheriff’s Department? What will you do to rebuild morale in this department?
7. Since the Sheriff is an elected position with Constitutional powers to intervene between citizens and the Federal Government, what are your views regarding the conditions, if any, under which such intervention would be appropriate? What action, if any would you take if Federal agents came into Tulsa County to enforce Federal gun laws?
8. Explain what changes if any you would make in the handling of persons in the county jail who are mentally ill?
9. The Oklahoma economy has weakened and government revenues are down. Since the Sheriff serves as one of the eight members of the Budget Board for Tulsa County, what specifically would you propose to deal with a shortfall in County revenues?
10. How will voters’ best distinguish between you and your opponent(s)?
_ Follow FortySix News on Twitter and Facebook: Follow @FortySixNews